Monday, August 24, 2009

On the twelfth day of 3rd grade my teacher said to me

It's the night of Open House!
What is true beauty?

Identify the sentence subject!

Let's make Egyptian costumes!

Where is Ivan?

Memorize your verse!

Study your spelling!

Did you read?
Don't stick your finger in the socket!

What is a digit?

Be respectful and act responsibly!


Well there you have it... the first 12 days of 3rd grade! The song got worse as it went on but I had to finish it. Hahaha. I can't believe we just finished the 12th day. Today I taught Bible and language arts and tomorrow I have those two and social studies. Janine and I put together a last minute bulletin board for the Ancient Egypt unit (as you can see in the picture). All along the Nile will be pictures of things we do. Once we get everyone together, the kids will dress up in the costumes they made and we'll be able to put that picture (along with some other pictures of them making the costumes) at the bottom of the board and build up as we go "down" the Nile. (I hope some smart kid doesn't complain that the "Down" is at the bottom of the river when the Nile river flows down towards the north.) I hope to get pictures of Pharaoh masks, mummies, pyramids, and whatever else we do. Haha.

The kids were pretty zoned out this morning. They're pretty bad on Monday mornings. They usually come in extra tired from the weekend. When I was teaching language arts, I was going over the vocabulary words and one of the words is "college." I told them I was still in college and they were shocked. They said "Is Miss Meisner in college too?" Um.. no. Hah.

Tonight is Open House from 6:30-8:00 or whenever. I'm hungry so I'm going home to drop my stuff off and find food of some sort to snack on... I'll probably cook some bananas. Haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment