Tuesday, August 11, 2009

On the fourth day of 3rd grade my teacher said to me...

Put your homework in the inbox!
Don't stick your finger in the socket!
What is a digit?
Be respectful and act responsibly!

Surprisingly, there isn't too much to report in our ongoing saga of our Mid-Evil fairy tale concerning Ivan the Terrible and Princess Talks-A-Lot. Ivan came barging in this morning and told me he had actually done his reading, but he failed to record it on the little green sheet and my co-op thought he had forgotten again. The boy was sentenced to the dungeons of recess detention so he could do his reading, but then we found he had recorded it in his homework book instead and did not have to undergo such tortures. I sat in the back and took pictures, particularly of Princess Talks-A-Lot as she constantly reached for the sky in an effort to take over the world of spoken communication in the room. Ivan sat next to her bouncing his leg and waving his hand at break neck speed in order to beat her at her quest for linguistic domination. That was my entertainment (and frustration) for the day.

In other tales, the kids are starting a social studies unit on Ancient Egypt. I'm at school and I need to write some lesson observations and start brainstorming the unit. I'm really excited because it looks like it could be a lot of fun. I don't know much about Egypt other than mummies and creepy guys that wear a lot of makeup and also happen to rule the land of the pyramids and camels. I would love to read The Golden Goblet to them, but I'm not sure if that will fit in. It would be a great book to go along with the unit, though.

3 comments:

  1. Beaks! I love your blog...and what I really love is that Keena is on here following it.

    Hi Keena! What's up? Does your life seem insecure now that Freaky Beaky is on your side of the world? I'm sorry =( I'll shelter you if she gets to be too much of a terror to the Philippines... (did I spell it right? Here: Phillipines. Now I at least got one right.)

    Bye Beaks and Keena! ttyl....

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT!!! Well for your information, I'm on a different island and Keena wants me to come to HER island. See, I'm not so freaky among my own people. Hahahaha. And it's Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, I'm so glad you gave me your new blog address. I've really been enjoying reading your last several entries about your teaching job. You are a great writer and it's been very entertaining! =)

    ReplyDelete