Friday, August 7, 2009

On the second day of 3rd grade my teacher said to me...

What is a digit?
Be respectful and act responsibly.

Sometimes I'm not sure what I like better -- the class or the fact that the elementary and middle school library is a few doors down and I tend to stop in to get books and visit the guinea pig... Hahaha. Gizmo is quite the guinea pig. He has personality and class. I miss my guinea pig(s). They just have a tendency to die.

The second day was good. I have a ton of notes but I took those mostly for my lesson observations and I don't want to bore you all with the details. The kids did some more introductory things. I really like the kids in the class, even though two are a little more challenging. The one girl that talks incessantly put on her life goal footprint (for a bulletin board) that she wanted to be a preacher. Hmm. Hahaha. Her favorite thing to do is shoot her hand up as high as it will go and then pause and say, "Well I think that's kinda like..." and ramble on for a while. Cute kid, but too talkative. When the kids leave for the day, Janine has this thing called "3 H's" -- they either have to give us a handshake, a hug, or a high five. It's so cute that the little boys still give hugs. Of course, Miss Extreme Talkativity nearly hugged the breath out of me, but the other little boys were sooo cute.

I really like the school and environment and Davao itself. It's a city, but it feels nothing like a city -- mostly because my previous city experience has been Manila.

Next week is the first full week of school! I'm excited! :)

1 comment:

  1. Becky,
    It is such a pleasure reading your blog! Thanks for posting :-) I continue to pray for you!
    Mrs. Carlson

    ReplyDelete