Thursday, August 13, 2009

On the sixth day of 3rd grade my teacher said to me,

Study your spelling!
Did you read?
Don't stick your finger in the socket!
What is a digit?
Be respectful and act responsibly!

The morning started out well with Princess Talks-A-Lot marching in saying, "I couldn't do my homework. I took Ivan the Terrible's take home folder home by mistake." I'm not entirely sure how that could have happened since we had moved their desks on them and Princess Talks-A-Lot now sits in front of Ivan the Terrible. Ivan the Terrible marched in a little while later and was completely clueless as to whose homework folder he had. I asked him if he bothered to look at the name on the homework. The fair Princess only had to do her 100's booklet whereas the evil young chap had a TON of homework, including an apology letter. Somehow, Ivan's brain went on vacation and he didn't even notice the lack of homework. He didn't look at the front of the 100's booklet and just started filling it out. Genius. The Princess was a lot more responsible because she even recorded her reading on a separate sheet of paper when she realized her reading log was in her own folder in the possession of the space cadet Ivan the Terrible.

Elementary had their first chapel today. The kindergarten teacher led them in a bunch of songs I didn't know. I liked them a lot. The kids can really sing! I've never heard so many children sing so in tune! It was beautiful! Of course I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing because I happened to glance down the row and I noticed Princess Talks-A-Lot singing with gusto and great drama.

I learned more about Ancient Egypt today... and last night. I think I dreamed about Egypt too. I have to come up with my next lesson plan about Egypt... I think I'm going to talk about clothing and makeup and hygiene and have them make costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment