Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Last day before school starts...

It has been a busy week. I haven't updated in a while, I know, and I apologize. Saturday-Monday was a staff retreat held at Mergrande Resort, about 40 minutes from Faith Academy. We had lots of school-related meetings on Saturday and Monday. It was a little overwhelming, but ok.

Tuesday and Wednesday have been work days designated to setting up classrooms and getting ready. I helped my co-op do various little tasks here and there.

Today I turned 22. It was a different kind of birthday, due to some sad news of two deaths in the past 24 hours -- one of which was news that a fellow student, friend, and co-worker of mine died on August 1st (we just got the email today though). Although it was kind of a sad day for me, it was a good day for keeping various friends in prayer and reflecting on the life that God has given me. Redeeming the time and living fully to the glory of God is what I desire to do because only God knows how much time He has appointed for my life here on this earth.

Anyway, along with those sobering thoughts for the day, the people here (and Jenn -- who I think put a lot of it together... thanks, Jenn! :) ) have been really nice. Janine, my co-op found out it was my birthday by accident (she got to a section on kid's birthdays in her planner thing and she asked when my birthday was and I said... "Today...") and spread the word. Several teachers all went out for lunch at an Italian restaurant. Then later this evening, 3 other teachers came over for cake and ice cream. (Thanks, parents, for the cake contribution!) Marla, the science teacher, brought me flowers! I love flowers. So yeah, it was really nice of them and I really appreciate their thoughtfulness.

School begins bright and early tomorrow! I am excited to finally meet these students we've been praying for and preparing materials for! (That is a poorly constructed sentence, I know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment