Monday, August 10, 2009

On the third day of 3rd grade my teacher said to me...

Don't stick your finger in the socket!
What is a digit?
Be respectful and act responsibly!

Yes, Ivan the Terrible, who is not really named Ivan, stuck his finger in the electric socket. Sheer brilliance. What a naughty boy. He was pretty bad today, especially in Filipino Culture class. Princess Talks-A-Lot was in fine form too.
"What are the three main regions of the Philippines?"
"Well... the three main regions of the Philippines are Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao."
She loves to add excessive detail to everything comment she makes. They usually begin with, "Well... I think that's kinda like...."

One of the boys is dyslexic. They had a Bible puzzle where they were supposed to shade the shapes with the letter "b" inside. They formed letters to spell the name Jesus. The other letters chosen were b's and p's. Dyslexic nightmare. Poor guy. He's the sweetest kid, but really struggles in school. It will be interesting trying to figure out how to differentiate instruction to meet some of his needs. At least he's not an annoying kid. He always hugs us when he leaves. So cute!

Tomorrow is the first day of the new Language Arts program. After that gets underway I think I will start picking up lessons. Social studies also starts tomorrow. The unit is Ancient Egypt. That could be really fun! Apparently they mummify a chicken leg. I wonder if we could mummify Ivan the Terrible too... you know, just temporarily.

I read three books today. I have another one waiting for me at home, but I need to write lesson observations before I forget. I need a total of 5.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beckster, What three books did you read and why do you have to read five? For class here or in the US? Dad here.

    ReplyDelete