Monday, September 14, 2009

Sometimes I need to stop laughing....

When the teacher is laughing, there isn't much hope for order in the classroom. I laughed several times at the kids when I should probably have kept a straight face and restored order. Ivan the Terrible didn't know his verse and was "innocently" saying that we didn't have a verse this week. His eyes widened and he looked so funny trying to play dumb that I accidentally laughed and then he laughed too. Oops.

Later on, we were singing the 12 apostles song to the tune of "Jesus Loves Me" and we got to the part "Yes, Jesus called them, yes Jesus called them..." and it was too high for one of the boys. His voice squeaked and I covered my face with papers and then gave up and just started laughing. Ivan couldn't stop giggling for the longest time after that.

When we were lined up to go out to lunch, Ivan was taking forever to come back from the bathroom. We prayed without him and he made his grand entrance at the very end. Everyone else left and I kept him behind to ask him what happened (he tends to goof off in the bathroom -- he usually scares the other boys or splashes water around). He said that one of the boys was trying to throw the soap at the ceiling. I said "Well why did it take you so long?" He looked at me and announced very loudly, "Well I had to pee!!!" and I lost it. I sent him out of the room right away because I was cracking up. Maybe I just have a warped sense of humor.

Last Friday, Prince Ants in the Pants hugged me and picked me off my feet in the process. Apparently that has set a precedence for the other boys to try it. (He ran out the door and announced to Janine, "I can pick up Miss Hofmaier!") Apparently he can pick up the 2nd grade teacher too. Anyway, he tried it again today but I was ready for him but then Ivan decided he'd try it. Ivan is short and skinny and not very strong. He wrapped his arms around my waist and then couldn't do anything. The other Colombian boy tried several times because he couldn't let his fellow countryman, Prince Ants, beat him. He failed. Silly boys.

I'd just like to say that Princess Talks-A-Lot has really toned down on the unnecessary comments. She's really a sweet child and the dream child for teachers. She is so nice to everyone, works well in groups, and does what is expected of her. She's so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment