Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pharaoh! Pharaoh!

Thanks to Jenn, we had a visiting Pharaoh all the way from Ancient Egypt. I got inspired to dress up like a Pharaoh right before my lesson today. I wanted the middle school social studies teacher to teach it but he was in a class. He had just been teaching about Ancient Civilizations in middle school and all the kids really like him, so it would have been fun. Since he wasn't available, I found Jenn and got her to dress up and carry around a hideous crook and flail that I had made 20 minutes before class started. Haha. The kids asked dumb questions like "Do Pharaohs wear glasses?" They have no imagination. Tsk tsk.

Ivan the Terrible did ALL of his homework today! Hooray!!! That means they got 25 kernels in their little jar. Once they fill the jar, they get a popcorn party. They haven't gotten kernels in a very long time since Ivan seldom turns in all his homework. Shame on the kid.

1 comment: