Wednesday, September 23, 2009

And then it was over...

I guess you might be wondering where I went. The last post was on Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday went by smoothly. Oh, and PS... Ivan wrote his German phonetically so apparently he wrote that The Duke is a good friend or something along those lines. Whatever it was, it was positive. Haha.

I don't remember anything too significant happening on Wednesday. The kids got more dots which was great because they kinda failed at the dots on Tuesday. I tried to get them to evaluate my teaching, but they were mostly funny and not very helpful. Oh well.. some of them liked how I taught them math. HAHA. Dr. Mac, if you're reading this, I have proof -- they wrote it in their goodbye cards! The only other thing was an awkward conversation with 3rd grade when they asked me if I had a boyfriend and one kid told me to Skype him when I get married (he also yelled that request across the parking lot).

Thursday was the field trip. We had a good time... I took a ton of pictures but I'm too lazy to reduce them and upload them. Haha. One of the kids brought brownies -- very yummy. :) Nobody got eaten by crocodiles, so it was a pretty uneventful trip. Haha.

After getting back, I got kicked out of the room so the kids could write farewell letters. After their 2 specials at the end of the day, we had a little party. They gave me cards, we had some brownies, and we played a funny game called "Hovering Bunnies." I'll try to post a video if I remember to reduce it sometime.

We left on Friday... I had to pry Ivan the Terrible off of me because he kept hanging on to me. He can be so cute. He didn't want me to leave. Actually, I had several "attachments" when I was trying to leave the school. Funny kids. We got back to Manila with our very overweight baggage, but we survived.

Saturday we went to Corregidor with Eunice. We had a nice sunny day.. took lots of pics... got annoyed at a couple who were always first off the bus and planted right in front of whatever we were supposed to be looking at. They took a million pictures at each spot. Weird. I doubt they heard a word of the tour... they were probably planning their next photo op.

Sunday night people came over after church. That was fun! We had a good time fellowshipping and eating food. :) Monday morning was our flight. We made it in around 8:30 last night. I slept pretty much the whole way. Also, I lost my cellphone charger. It was at Jenn's house when I left but now I don't have it so it went missing somewhere between here and the Philippines. Hmph. I guess I'll have to find a new one. My phone is useless, so if you were intending to call me, don't bother. I won't get it. Haha.

I'm at PBU right now. I spent the day running all over the place. I bought some books at the children's booksale! I got some good ones! :) Then I finished putting together my student teaching notebook and gave it to Dr. Severns. I can't believe it's all over! There was another girl going to meet Dr. S. to ask about overseas student teaching. :)

Anyway, I'm tired so I need to figure out how to keep myself awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment