Tuesday, July 21, 2009

When it rains it pours...



Alright, well we did quite a lot in the few days but I am uninspired to be very interesting (as if I ever am). Sunday was very good. It was nice to be back with the brethren and to see familiar faces and experience the warmth of fellowship. However, I said as many hi's as I did bye's because I won't be back until September! A lot of people came over after church Sunday night and ate food and stuff.

I just lost all my inspiration because my dad came over and kissed me. Ew. Hahaha

Moving on...

Monday we decided that MOA wasn't enough and that Jenn should be introduced to more malls. First we stopped by the American Cemetary and she found that her great great uncle was in their records! (He died on a ship) We took a picture of his name on the wall of missing people but they're going to send her a better picture to her address in the States. After that we went to Market Market (another kind of mall) and then on to Mega Mall where we met Eunice to go bowling.

Bowling was fun and of course we had food afterwards. (Duh) I opted for Jollibee because Jenn needed to experience the sensation of delicious fast food that clogs your arteries. Mmm yummy! Hahahaha.

Today I went to the dentist and got my teeth all shiny white (not). No cavities yet! We then went to Intramuros and tried to go to the light and sound show on the history of the Philippines but you needed a group of 10 people minimum. Even though I'm apparently obese, I don't make up for 6 other people. So we went back to Fort Santiago and walked around there and looked like tourists.

Tomorrow we fly out to Cebu! I'm excited to see everyone, although a part of me really just wants to start teaching! I feel like if I don't start now, I won't know how to teach anymore. (Huh?!) As if I know how in the first place...... mission epic fail straight ahead. Pessimism is the way to go because if you don't fail, you're pleasantly surprised. That's brilliant logic. Just as brilliant as my other idea that education majors should go to college for free since every person in every other job couldn't have gotten there without a teacher. :)

I'm hungry.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,

    You certainly waxed eloquent in this post! I'm sure it was great to be with your parents and soak in the familiar sights and sounds and people of Manila. We miss you here! We wish you a very happy visit in Cebu!

    The Carlson Clan

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT IS THIS! WHY AGAIN DO I HAVE TO GET RECORDS OF YOUR TRIPS FROM THE CARLSONS!!!

    ReplyDelete