Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Davao!

We are in Davao.. the land of the fruit! I really like Davao City.. it's still a city, but not crowded. It's HUGE but it doesn't feel that big. It's definitely not like Manila and the appearance reminds me of Paranaque, but with considerably fewer people.

I've been busy masquerading as either American or Filipino. It's quite interesting. I'm also trying my best to masquerade as a Visayan who tends to speak Tagayanlish. Figure that out. However, I found out there is a lot more Tagalog here than in Cebu. We haven't done too much since being here. We moved in to a house that is two houses down right outside the gate of Faith. Very convenient. It's a really nice house. We're sharing it with the 5th grade teacher. Normally another teacher lives there but she's on furlough so we're in her room.

Yesterday we went down to the market to get veggies and fruit. Today we're going to go down to the mall for some things. Last night JV, a guy from the church in Ozamiz, came by and took us out to dinner. He's working here in Davao and has been here for a little over a year.

We don't have internet in the house, so we have to come over to school. At least it's really close.

Oh yes, any letters, packages, cookies.... can be sent to
Becky Hofmaier
c/o Faith Academy
#7 Jade St.
Marfori Heights, Davao City
Davao 8000
Philippines

That's probably the best way to get mail to me.

Peace out!

4 comments:

  1. Becky,
    It is so good to hear from you from Davao! We've been checking your blog every day to check your status. It sounds as though you are settling in to your new surroundings nicely. When do you start teaching? We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You posted an address. How assuming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happen to know someone who wants Becky's address :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey what happened to the comment I had placed here? Oh well.. I only said that I wasn't assuming.. I was relying on the goodness of my mom's motherly heart... and guess what??? She sent me brownies! Don't you wish you had MY mother...

    ReplyDelete