Saturday, July 18, 2009

What did you do today?




I chased the SM Mall of Asia Marching Band through the mall with Jenn!

Huh?!

True story.

But let's back up to the beginning of my Saturday morning (which actually began at 4am... thank you, jet lag) and my IDP presentation! I started 45 minutes late (as expected) and probably went about a half hour overtime (making it 3 and a half hours). I was nervous, but I soon got over it and actually had a lot of fun. The main complaint was that there was not enough time! I had sooo many strategies that I flew through. I really needed to model each strategy one by one. It would have been better taught over the course of several Saturdays! It was definitely a different audience than I'm used to at school, but it was really good. I think they were had a bit of a brain overload, but they seemed to appreciate it.

After the presentation was over, Jenn and I went to the Mall of Asia to meet up with Benaiah and Joe, former PBU students! That was a lot of fun. We got there way ahead of them and were seeking to occupy ourselves. The mall was super crowded so I decided we should walk out to the back by Manila bay. I am convinced that the Mall of Asia is the most random mall ever. We were walking when suddenly we heard band music! We stopped and suddenly a swiftly marching marching band dressed in red and white band uniforms and hats come around the corner! We just stared at them trying to convince ourselves that it really was a marching band walking through the mall. I thought they were some visiting band who was promoting something and then I noticed that the drum said "SM Mall of Asia Marching Band." The mall has a marching band?!? Jenn and I decided to chase them so we could get a picture or video. I let Jenn do it because she can pass as a tourist. Hahaha. So that was hilarious.

We went back to where we had originally planned to go and discovered other random things on the "boardwalk." There was a park with exercise things that the kids were playing on. There was a small pool with giant balls that kids can climb in and try to run like hamsters while floating in the water. Really weird. Strange place this is.

2 comments:

  1. That must be really special to be in the Philippines with PBU friends! The blending of two of your worlds! Say, where is Jenn's assignment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assignment? You mean where she'll teach? Davao.

    ReplyDelete